ProStores Discussion Board  

Go Back   ProStores Discussion Board > General Discussion and Information > General Discussion and Information

Old 09-12-2010, 01:09 PM

Unhappy Can't list on Ebay -- constantly get "store category" error message. Help!

I've tried a million times to list some ProStores products on Ebay using the Ebay button and a template. It's worked fine in the past but I can't get it to work recently. The only change since the last time I did this was that I set up a basic Ebay store. However, this data transferred to ProStores -- my Ebay setup now shows the Ebay store info, and the store category listings now appear in my Ebay template.

I go through the whole template, customizing everything for the listing, then choose "Submit Now" to list the item on Ebay and I get this error message:

"Input data for tag Item.Storefront.StoreCategoryID is invalid or missing. Please check API documentation."

I've repeatedly checked my Ebay categories. They're accurate on the template. I've tried not including store categories -- doesn't work, they're required. I've tried checking the product listing to see if "StoreCategoryID" is a new field since the upgrade to PS 10 -- nope, can't find it.

Any idea what I can do?

Thank you!

Barbara
www.SmartStartToys.com
Old 09-12-2010, 08:53 PM

Have you tried listing the items on eBay since they recently implemented their new Item Condition policy. I wonder if that is what is making it not go through.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:31 PM

Yep, I used ProStores to submit some Ebay listings in July, after the new condition policy went into effect but before the upgrade to PS 10. It worked fine.

I'm baffled and stuck. The most important thing is that I want the inventories to sync. If I initiate the listings on Ebay and then import them to Prostores, will the inventories sync? I don't actually want the Ebay listings to show up as ProStores products, since they're already there.

Grrr, this is so annoying!

Barbara
Old 09-12-2010, 10:08 PM

Default Cant List on E-bay

Ok this is so frustrating when ever I trie to list a item on e-bay I get this message The following fields are required or are invalid:

<b>Tecumseh Gasket 36048 - Condition is required for this category.<br>

Ok so I go check the condition on the template and it is set on new so i redid this again and entered new,saved it and went to list it and again I get this same message.

The following fields are required or are invalid:

<b>Tecumseh Gasket 36048 - Condition is required for this category.<br>

Come on pro stores every time there is a change or upgrade there is problem after problem,thats one of the reasons I don't even try to list as it eats up so much of our time,that is just a waste. In fact I have more sales from Amazon then from Pro Stores. I make more money that way and I don't get fees for every dam thing I do. Just a one time fee up front so you know how much you need to sell your item. Were thinking about just going to Amazon stores and signing up.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:16 PM

I wonder if the program is getting the "Item Specific" new mixed up with the "item condition" new.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:45 AM

I just uploaded my products to eBay on Sep 1-4. I had some problems, but not the same one's you're getting.

If I remember correctly, there are 2 places to put the condition in. I thought it was on the first page of your template, and also on the second page. I think there is a checkbox there toward the top.

Twitter
Facebook
Old 03-03-2011, 07:53 AM

We have this issue occasionally and found that shortening the length of the title cures the issue. Hope it works for you.
910 Millvale Place
Lawrenceville GA 30044-6239
United States
(770) 666-8100